Sensor Based Surgery Training –
Integrated system and Analytics (SeBaSTIAn)
mySebastian is an online tool for surgical workshops, blended learning, digital training and digital hospitation. Sind March 2020 a beta version is available. This beta is used by several of our customers from medical device industry. If you want to be a part of these early adopters, please contact us.
- Simplification of surgical training.
- Blended Learning and digital training in surgery.
- “Patient case”-based training.
- Evaluation (benchmarking) of training success in surgery –
such as in aviation.
- Valid assessment of surgical learning achievements.
- Lifelong learning
- Use of own surgical workflows.
We are not only developing mySebastian as a technical solution (digital online tool), but also pedagogical concepts (consulting, coaching, courses).
mySebastian is a …
… 24/7 active web platform
for surgical experts,
hospitals and medical device providers …
… that drastically simplifies content management and course benchmarking. Ultimately, the developments in the SeBaSTIAn Project should form the basis for the standardisation of surgical training. Our platform works:
- Clinic-based and individually.
- Patient case-based
- Workflow and process-oriented.
- Modern and independent
- based on the pedagogical feedback and/or benchmarking concepts
- Online, virtual, eLearning and in classic workshop settings (simulation, anatomical preparations, etc.).
We would like to thank the Austrian Research Promotion Agency (FFG) for funding our research project.